How To Straighten A Wig
|Look at how bad my wig looks!|
Materials you will need:
2. Styrofoam Head
3. Wig stand or something to elevate your wig
4. Cooking pot and water
5. Bathtub/shower (or somewhere you can get wet)
In the mean time, go ahead and prepare your wig. Use a wide tooth comb to detangle the wig as much as possible. Don't worry if it's not complete detangled - just do your best!
Take your wig into the bathtub/shower, and slowly pour the water over the top of the wig. You'll immediately see the fibers start to straighten out. To get the very ends of the wig: simply dip the ends into the water until they are evenly saturated.
Once your wig is completely saturated - let it dry completely, on its own, for 24 - 48 hours (depending on the length of your wig). DO NOT brush the wig or add any styling product (aside from wig conditioner). Wigs are extremely fragile when wet.
- -Wait until your wig is completely dry before styling or brushing it out
- -Some wigs will need 2 or more treatments.
- -While the wig is still wet, you can now add spray conditioner to help prevent frizzing